TREATING CELLULITE WITH QWO® AT ARIBA MED SPA
What is QWO®?
Qwo® is the first and only FDA- approved injectable for the treatment of moderate to severe cellulite in the buttocks of adult women.
HOW does QWO® work?
Qwo® is made from enzymes called collagenases. These enzymes are thought to target the structural causes under the skin, where cellulite starts. It’s thought that QWO works by releasing fibrous bands, redistributing fat cells, and stimulating the growth of new collagen.
PRE & POST INSTRUCTIONS for QWO
Before your treatment
- Avoid consuming alcohol and/or smoking 2 days before your treatment and 2-days post-treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior and 3-4 days post-treatment. Medications such as Aspirin and other NSAIDS, Vitamin E, Fish oil, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, and St. John’s Wart should be avoided as they can increase the chance of bruising.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets 1 week prior to injections to prevent bruising. Arnica can be found at any health food store. We have Arnica available at ENIC.
DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE:
- No Shaving or waxing for 24 hours prior to treatment.
- No Laser Hair removal for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Laser Hair Removal should be delayed until bruising resolves after treatment or treatment area can be avoided.
- Do not apply creams or lotions to the area being treated for 24 hours.
- Bring compression garment for example ( spandex leggings or shorts)
After your treatment
Avoid physical activity and exercise for 24 hours post-treatment
Avoid hot showers for 24 hours.
Avoid shaving treatment area for 3-5 days.
Avoid tanning or prolonged exposure for 2 weeks.
Avoid swimming pools, hot tubs, and beaches for 2 weeks.
Laser Hair Removal should be delayed until bruising resolves after treatment or treatment area can be avoided.
You may experience any of the following after treatment and are expected.
- Severe bruising
- Nodules or areas of firmness or hardness under the skin
- Swelling (generalized redness) surrounding the treatment area
- Pint point bleeding
- Numbness, tingling, or sensitivity changes
- Tenderness and pain
Most patients will experience severe bruising at and surrounding the treated area. The bruising usually resolves within 14-30 days post-treatment