WHAT IS AQUAGOLD?
AquaGold is a very superficial microneedling procedure that deposits hyaluronic acid and fillers like Juvederm and Botox into the top layers of the skin, to create a smooth texture with reduced pore size. This technique produces a natural appearing outcome, without any of the tell-tale signs of being injected. It can be used to:
- Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Shrink Large Pores
- Create a Soft, Smooth Skin Texture
- Reduce Redness
- Plump thin skin – especially around the eyes, which have very few treatment options to address crepey skin
How It Works
Depending on a patient’s concerns and desired results, we are able to fully customize the solution to be applied with the microchannel device. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is the primary ingredient in the treatment. It offers the following benefits:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production to thicken and tighten thinning skin
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Acts as an antioxidant and has hydrating properties
These benefits will not be seen immediately, but will improve gradually over months. The solution can be customized with other ingredients to maximize results.
- Dysport® or Jeuveau™ in small levels at the surface of the skin, where it is not near a muscle, improves the size of the pores, and decreases redness over time. This can help acne. The muscle relaxants provide a natural, gentle smoothing of the skin.
- Deeper wrinkles often require larger needles and more volume. This is accomplished with Restylane® dermal fillers. Microchanneling with Restylane® dermal filler provides a natural-looking increase in skin suppleness.
Aquagold works best in a series of three treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Results appear slowly and naturally as the PRP amplifies the natural growth factors your body uses to heal tissue.
Because the Aquagold treatment offers buildable results, it works well with other treatments. Used in conjunction with deeper dermal filler injections or after a laser treatment, Aquagold can enhance results. It is also an ideal addition to surgical facial rejuvenation, such as face-lift surgery, and can help maintain results.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AQUAGOLD
HOW MUCH DOES AQUAGOLD COST?
AquaGold is cost effective because it combines several different treatment modalities in one session. We currently charge $650 for each session of AquaGold, which includes the cost of the HA, Filler, Botox, and AquaGold.
HOW MANY AQUAGOLD TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Most patients see great results from just 1 treatment, that will last up to 6 months. Occasionally, when skin is very dry and wrinkled, we will recommend 2 treatments.
HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO OTHER TYPES OF MICRONEEDLING AND MICROBOTOX?
AquaGold is different from traditional microneedling in that:
1. It not only improves the texture of the skin through the direct effect on the tiny needle punctures, but it also delivers specialized products through special channels in the tiny, hollowed up microneedles directly into the skin. The additional effect of the dermal fillers and Botox under the skin is what makes AquaGold unique and exciting.
2. It’s able to target the exact depth of the skin we desire. This allows the products to be placed within the precise layers of the skin, where pores and fine lines are, for precise treatment of these concerns.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT THAN HAVING HYALURONIC ACID DERMAL FILLERS INJECTED IN MY FACE?
While AquaGold uses the same high-quality FDA-Approved Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers that we inject to plump lips, lift cheeks, and fill in deep lines, you shouldn’t expect to see the same kind of changes as you would with those applications. When these fillers are injected deeper into the tissues below the skin, they can restore volume. However, with AquaGold, we’re placing the hyaluronic acid in very small microdroplets throughout the skin of the entire face to smooth the actual skin layer. It’s the same product used in different ways to treat different concerns. If you want to restore or add volume in your face in addition to improving skin quality, then dermal filler injections can be performed at the same time as AquaGold.
Pre care instructions
- Avoid any type of chemical peel 2 weeks prior to or after treatment
- Avoid Waxing and or use of chemical depilatories for 1 week prior to and after treatment.
- As long as there is no skin irritation, shaving is allowed before treatment and 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid topical prescriptions including but not limited to Retinol, Retin-A, renova, tazorac and hydroquinone 3- 5 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid abrasive products such as scrubs and or other exfoliating products 3 days prior to treatment.
- Area being treated must be lean and or free of any lotion, makeup or sunscreen prior to treatment.
- Must NOT be pregnant or breast feeding .
- Any cosmetic or other tattoos on the area being treated must be disclosed to provider prior to treatment, and will be avoided during treatment.
- History of cold sores, advised to take prophylactic antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex or Acyclovir (follow directions of the prescription)
- Please notify Encore Medspa if there are any changes to your medical history, health status or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.
Post care instructions
- Do not apply makeup or any skin care on the treated area 6 hours post
- Do not wash face for 6 hours after treatment. Wash treated areas gently with a gentle cleanse, and apply moisturizer after.
- May resume daily skin care regimen the next day
- Sunburn like effect is expected and normal for one day. Treated areas may appear pink/red in color, usually resolves in 1-2 hours post treatment.
- Skin may feel tight, dry , swollen and tender/sensitive to touch.
- Avoid touch treated areas to minimize risk of infection.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours after treatment and preferably 1 to weeks after.
- Apply full spectrum sunscreen with SPF 50 or higher on all treated areas, and wear protective hat to avoid incidental sun exposure.
- Do not use any exfoliating medications, chemicals or products on all the treated areas for at least 3 weeks.
- Do not exercise, use Jacuzzi, saunas or steam baths 24-48 hours post treatment and if any skin irritation exist.